Jeffrey K. Brown is an experienced trial lawyer and litigator in the firm's Employment Law Group. He handles all aspects of labor and employment litigation and preventative counseling, with a particular focus on wrongful termination, discrimination and harassment cases and wage and hour class actions.
Jeff has obtained complete defense verdicts in several recent jury trials, including Kravitsky v. Corinthian Colleges, Inc. in Los Angeles Superior Court, and Wagner v. Corinthian Colleges, Inc. in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. He has also preserved his clients’ victories on appeal, including Massoud v. Corinthian Colleges, Inc., 2014 WL 2158092 (Cal. Ct. App. May 23, 2014) and White v. Corinthian Colleges., Inc., 2014 WL 899070 (Cal. Ct. App. March 7, 2014), both of which affirmed defense verdicts following jury trials.
Additionally, Jeff has successfully defended employers against a wide variety of claims before state and federal courts, agencies, and arbitrators and has obtained victories in reported decisions such as:
- Disneyland Park and Disney’s California Adventure, Divisions of Walt Disney World Co. and Int’l Assn. of Bridge, Structural and Ornamental Iron Workers, Local 433, AFL-CIO, 350 NLRB No. 88 (September 13, 2007)
- American Golf Corporation d/b/a/ Badlands Golf Course and Laborers’ Int’l Union of North America, Local 872, 350 NLRB No. 28 (July 19, 2007)
- Sanders v. Boeing Co., 154 Fed. Appx. 618 (9th Cir. 2005)
- Bingham v. Boeing Co., 60 Fed. Appx. 702 (9th Cir. 2003)
- Zarinfar v. Boeing, Inc., 26 Fed. Appx. 772 (9th Cir. 2002)
- Walker v. Boeing Corp., 218 F.Supp.2d 1177 (C.D. Cal. 2002)
- Davis v. Alhambra National Water Co., Inc., 14 Nat. Disability L.Rep. 148 (N.D. Cal. 1999)
- Dalal v. Kaiser Permanente, 1996 U.S. App. LEXIS 16493 (9th Cir. 1996)
- United States v. California Mobile Home Park Management Co., 107 F.3d 1374 (9th Cir. 1996)
He has obtained numerous summary judgments and arbitration awards on behalf of employers. Jeff also has extensive experience successfully handling cases before the National Labor Relations Board, and has assisted numerous clients in defeating union organizing efforts.
Prior to joining Payne & Fears LLP, Jeff was an associate in the labor and employment practice group at Luce, Forward, Hamilton & Scripps in San Diego, California.