David A. Grant is an associate in the Irvine office of Payne & Fears LLP.
While in law shool, Dave served as a Notes Editor on the Michigan State Law Review. He also served as an extern to the Honorable William E. Collette, 30th Circuit Court, Ingham County, Michigan, and the Michigan Tax Tribunal.
Before joining Payne & Fears, Dave served for two years as a law clerk to the Honorable Manuel L. Real, U.S. District Court, Central District of California. He worked closely with Judge Real, both in chambers and in the court room, on a number of heavily litigated cases in which hundreds of millions of dollars were at stake. The cases included:
- a major shareholder derivative litigation involving allegations of securities fraud which resulted in a $197 million dollar settlement;
- dozens of lawsuits related to the winding up of a $200 million dollar Ponzi scheme;
- multiple patent cases and trademark infringement cases, one of which resulted in a $60 million dollar jury verdict;
- multiple employment discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination cases;
- appeals from the Central District’s Bankruptcy Court and State of California administrative bodies; and
- a host of other complex business litigation cases.
Dave also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Kevin R. Cronin and William A. Baillargeon, 48th Judicial Circuit Court, Allegan County, Michigan.